from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The capacity, as of a weapon, weapons system, military unit, or position, for delivering fire.
- n. The ability to deliver fire against an enemy in combat.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the capacity of a weapon to deliver fire onto a target
- n. the ability to deliver fire
- n. the ability to shoot and score goals.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The relative capacity for delivering weapons fire on a target.
- n. A measure of the resources available to a group which allows them to achieve their objectives; capacity for action.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (military) the relative capacity for delivering fire on a target
Defense can take teams a long way, but when it comes to the Sweet 16, a little more firepower is needed to get past other teams that also play good defense.
Suddenly on the defensive, Tango-1 tried to move away from sudden outburst of firepower from the small frigate.
Yes | No | Report from ggmack wrote 29 weeks 4 days ago put a piece of picatinny on the bottomm of the hand guard and i say you got a special bump in the night gun for up north or anywhere a ltiile firepower is needed.
If I understood correctly, he said the minimum firepower is three guitars, five violins and two trumpets.
The carnage that results when sociopathic individuals obtain firepower usually requires SWAT teams to resolve, but there doesn't seem to be any suggestion of a requirement for any sort of psychiatric evaluation before qualifying for a carry permit.
Our Navy exceeds in firepower the next 13 navies combined.
The merging of covert CIA operations and military firepower is part of a high-stakes attempt by the Obama administration to deal decisive blows to Taliban insurgents who have regained control of swaths of territory in Afghanistan but stage most of their operations from sanctuaries across that country's eastern border.
Make your path through the enemy war zone as you keep the trigger down tight, unleashing full firepower from the devastating Machine Gun Cannon to the dreaded Rocket Launcher and many more weapons at anyone in your way!
When this law took affect, the moaning was deafening because all hunters know that firepower is an acceptable substitute for marksmanship.
These majestic battleships were superior in firepower, protection and speed to their Royal Navy predecessors of the Iron Duke-class as well as preceding German classes such as the König-class, although the corresponding Bayern-class ships were competitive except for being 2 knots slower.