from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A muscle that when contracted acts to bend a joint or limb in the body.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A muscle whose contraction acts to bend a joint or limb.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A muscle which bends or flexes any part; ; -- opposed to
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In anatomy, a muscle whose function is to bend or produce flexion: opposed to extensor. See flection, 5. Also, improperly, flector.
- n. A short muscle of the palm of the hand, bending the little finger.
- n. A short muscle of the palm of the hand, bending the thumb. See cut under muscle.
- n. A deep-seated muscle of the back of the leg, flexing the great toe.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a skeletal muscle whose contraction bends a joint
Houston's Daryle Ward says his hip flexor is improved, so if you haven't cut him yet, go ahead and play him.
Strasburg left Saturday's game against the Phillies with what the team has described as a flexor tendon strain in his right forearm.
On top of that, the week before I had sustained a bad hip flexor injury, which required a cortisone shot three inches from my naughty bits that left me without much feeling in my hip while I skated.
Though he slumped during the final month as back and hip-flexor injuries draggged him down, Crawford ended the year with two double-doubles and finished with 10.0 points and 4.3 rebounds per game.
-- Sloan, who said he's been dealing with a little nagging hip flexor injury for a few weeks, made it through the duration of practice and Boudreau sounded optimistic that he could suit up against the Maple Leafs Wednesday.
Reliever Joba Chamberlain is headed to the disabled list with a strained flexor tendon in his arm.
Williams said then that she had hurt her "psoas" or hip flexor muscle.
As for the back end of the staff, Lidge and J.C. Romero, who had elbow surgery in October to repair a torn flexor tendon, could miss the start of the season.
I first began practicing yoga some 10 years ago on the recommendation of a physician as a way to rehabilitate a hip flexor I injured running in post-war Bosnia.
The previous summer, during a training run near his home in Dix Hills, he stepped on a shard of glass, which punctured his sneaker and tore the flexor tendon in his foot.