from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A man who has a continuing sexual relationship with and receives financial support from a woman.
- n. A man who is hired as an escort or a dancing partner for a woman.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A man who has a sexual relationship with a woman from whom he receives payment.
- n. A hired escort or dancing partner for a woman.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a man who has sex with and is supported by a woman
Back then, when society could be broken down straightforwardly into such basic and absolute categories, the title gigolo must have been easier to apply and decidedly less pejorative.
On the form of one applicant, some classroom enemy or irresponsible jokester had crossed out "lawyer" or "teacher" or whatever safe bet the kid had written down, and inserted instead - clearly in another hand - the word "gigolo".
Sam "The Man," the gentleman gigolo, is looking camera shy.
This elitist, narcissistic, gigolo is an embarrassment and for the PI to back him just how out of touch they are.
A man who takes things from a woman is called a gigolo.
I have been called a gigolo, a freeloader, unemployed, a sham, and many other things that don ` t bear repeating.
I have been called a gigolo, a free-loader, unemployed, a sham and many other things that don ` t bear repeating.
FTFA: Q: So you'd rather be called a gigolo than a prostitute.
Salon's Glenn Greenwald looking at the wingnut attacks on Kerry being called "gigolo" or a "kept man" a mere four years ago.
Then again Rush, Coulter and the like all demeaned Kerry for being a "gigolo" and a "kept man", but you don't hear that kind of talk from them any more.