from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Excessive discharge of blood from the blood vessels; profuse bleeding.
- n. A copious loss of something valuable: a hemorrhage of corporate earnings.
- intransitive v. To bleed copiously.
- intransitive v. To undergo a rapid and sudden loss: a gubernatorial candidate whose popularity hemorrhaged after a disastrous debate.
- transitive v. To lose (something valuable) rapidly and in quantity: The company was hemorrhaging capital when it was bought by another firm.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of haemorrhage.
- v. Alternative spelling of haemorrhage.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Any discharge of blood from the blood vessels.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A discharge of blood from blood-vessels: usually applied to flux, either external or internal, from a vessel or vessels ruptured by disease or by a wound, and constituting, when considerable and unchecked, an immediate danger to life.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the flow of blood from a ruptured blood vessel
- v. lose blood from one's body
Now, Johnson, a 61-year-old Democrat who battled back from a December 2006 brain hemorrhage, is running for re-election in a GOP-dominated state where President Bush won 60% of the vote in 2000 and 2004. 50
Children's Hospital doctors, working with The Technology Dependence Center (TDC) team, diagnosed Connor with multiple medical problems, including an airway that was prone to collapse, underdeveloped lungs, a seizure disorder, severe gastric reflux, bilateral brain hemorrhage and developmental delays.
Five days later, it was discovered that he had a brain hemorrhage and will no longer be able to bobsled.
Dad had a brain hemorrhage due to the head injury he had sustained and as a result, was in coma for several days.
According to UsMagazine. com, Tish and rocker Bret Michaels (yes, the one with the brain hemorrhage and sketchy Billboard cover) were involved in an "on-the-sly romance" that began in February when Michaels and Cyrus released the duet "Nothing to Lose."
How medics respond to that condition is the second big innovation in hemorrhage care.
Michaels: If before the brain hemorrhage I was 100 percent, then I'd say I'm running at 75 to 80 percent now.
Just six months ago, Bret Michaels was recovering from a near-fatal brain hemorrhage, a health scare that could have cast an ironic pall over the title of his new VH1 reality series, Life as I Know It (premiering tonight at 10/9c).
PHOENIX Poison frontman Bret Michaels has been released from a Phoenix hospital and is expected to make a full recovery after suffering a brain hemorrhage last month, his doctor said Tuesday.
They also stopped writing about the same time when David suffered a brain hemorrhage and Nic relapsed into abuse.