from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having no opening; not perforated.
- adj. Not separated by rows of perforations: imperforate sheets of stamps.
- adj. Medicine Lacking a normal opening: an imperforate anus.
- n. An imperforate stamp.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not perforated.
- n. A postage stamp that has not been perforated.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not perforated; having no opening or aperture.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not perforated; having no perforations, foramina, or pores; atresial; in zoology, specifically, of or pertaining to the Imperforata.
- As applied to the shells of the gastropod Mollusca, having the inner parts of the whorls coalesced into a columella leaving no opening or perforation. In the Echinoidea, or sea-urchins, the mamelons which support the spines are imperforate when not pierced by a central foramen.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not perforated; having no opening
Sorry, no etymologies found.
-- In children the condition known as imperforate anus may sometimes be remedied by exploratory operations in the perineum, guided by the protrusion caused by the distended intestine.
The two general types of coral known as imperforate and perforate.
Briony had an imperforate anus, a failure of her colon and rectum to meet up with the skin on the outside.
Provides educational materials on imperforate anus, Hirschsprung's disease and the anorectal continence evaluation program
Anorectal malformation (imperforate anus), a congenital anomaly where the anorectal region is either abnormally or incompletely developed.
A particular example is of a 15 year old girl in Africa (unable to recall the specific country atm) with an imperforate hymen, who was discovered to be pregnant when she reported with abdominal complaint.
Hirschsprung's disease tracheoesophageal fistula laryngeal web imperforate anus absent uterus
One of his four sons was born without an anal opening technically an “imperforate anus”.
For the operation for imperforate anus vogino, & c.,
In the female, impotence may be caused by the narrowness of the vagina, adhesion of the vulva, absence of vagina, imperforate hymen, and tumours of the vagina.