from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not cut: uncut hair.
- adj. Printing Having the page edge not slit or trimmed. Used of a book.
- adj. Not cut or ground to a specific shape. Used of a gemstone.
- adj. Not condensed, abridged, or shortened, as by an editor or censor: the uncut version of the scandalous story.
- adj. Slang Uncircumcised. Used of a man or boy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. not cut
- adj. not cut or ground to the desired shape
- adj. not having the page edges trimmed
- adj. not edited or abridged by a censor
- adj. not circumcised.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not cut; not separated or divided by cutting or otherwise; -- said especially of books, periodicals, and the like, when the leaves have not been separated by trimming in binding.
- adj. Not ground, or otherwise cut, into a certain shape.
- adj. Not shortened; not condensed; unabridged; -- said of books, plays, and movies.
- adj. Not diluted; -- said especially of illegal narcotic drugs. Such illegal drugs are often diluted by admixture with harmless foodstuffs such as sugars.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not cut; specifically, in bookbinding, not trimmed across the bolts; having the full margin of the untrimmed sheets.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. complete
- adj. not cut
- adj. (used of grass or vegetation) not cut down with a hand implement or machine
- adj. not shaped by cutting or trimming
- adj. (of pages of a book) having adjacent leaves still joined at the fore edge
- adj. not cut
- adj. not trimmed
Sorry, no etymologies found.
It produces what I call the uncut diamond that can still be picked up by local companies in India like Infosys or Wipro or Quatrro then cut and polished to create a billable-revenue-generating resource.
So having told Street-Porter that her stuff would go in uncut, he left it to Platell to make the overlong, overwrought submissions fit.
To publish his own English translation, taken direct and uncut from the German edition.
I should have sent them the cut version of the piece though I think the uncut is better.)
He has now handed them over to South African authorities and they have been identified as uncut diamonds.
My one-on-one interview, the complete interview, uncut, that is coming up.
Serve them upside down, that is, the uncut part upward.
If they are not cut we have instead the material known as uncut velvet, largely used for upholstery purposes.
He has now handed them over to South African authorities and they have been identified as uncut diamonds, but their origins are unknown.
San Francisco, CA, April 13, 2009 - VIZ Media, LLC., one of the entertainment industry's most innovative and comprehensive publishing, animation and licensing companies has announced the availability of English dubbed uncut episodes of NARUTO anime on Joost. com and Hulu. com beginning on April 15th.