from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Remaining sound, entire, or uninjured; not impaired in any way.
- adj. Having all physical parts, especially:
- adj. Having the hymen unbroken.
- adj. Not castrated.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Untouched, especially by anything that harms, defiles, or the like; uninjured; whole; undefiled; left complete or entire; not damaged.
- adj. Uncircumcised; commonly used to describe a penis with a foreskin in intactivism.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Untouched, especially by anything that harms, defiles, or the like; uninjured; undefiled; left complete or entire.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Untouched, especially by anything that harms or defiles; uninjured; left complete, whole, or unimpaired.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (used of domestic animals) sexually competent
- adj. (of a woman) having the hymen unbroken
- adj. constituting the undiminished entirety; lacking nothing essential especially not damaged
- adj. undamaged in any way
I realize I'm inviting much ridicule from my friends on the left, but I'm going to write this post anyway, and I'm going to leave the title intact - Why Twitter Matters & The Left Should Be Nervous.
I left the title intact but change the instances in the text.
The reason why the identification will remain intact is that identified works compete on an equal footing, if not better, with any illegal, unidentified copies; there is no penalty for holding a properly identified copy so why risk holding an illegal copy?
Among the pairings that remain intact from the previous 10 matches are
Why leave a phrase intact when it could be with profit rephrased?
All medications - prescription and over-the-counter - with the label intact should be brought in to the auditorium of the Alachua County Health Department, 224 S.E. 24th St., between 5 and 7 p.m.
He'll have to survive a best-of-seven slam to walk away with the title intact and the $100 prize!
She said they had demonstrated that the contested procedure, which she referred to as intact dilation and evacuation, is a variant of and in some ways safer than the most common form of abortion used in the second trimester of pregnancy.
Gynceologists (ACOG), which issued a statement in January addressing the procedure, which it calls intact dilatation and extraction (intact D&X).
The key parts of the bill remain intact, meaning that ISPs, advertisers, and others (everyone from Comcast to PayPal to Google AdSense) would be required to block web sites that haven't been found guilty of any crime.