from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Advanced in industrial capability, technological sophistication, and economic productivity: traveled through the least developed areas of the world.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not primitive; not third world.
- adj. Mature.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of develop.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. being changed over time so as to be e.g. stronger or more complete or more useful. Oppositre of
- adj. made more useful and profitable as by building or laying out roads; -- of real estate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Unfolded; laid open; disclosed.
- In heraldry, same as disveloped.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of real estate) made more useful and profitable as by building or laying out roads
- adj. (used of societies) having high industrial development
- adj. being changed over time so as to be e.g. stronger or more complete or more useful
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The threshold amount is based on a definition developed by the Social Security Administration in 1964 and revised in 1969 and 1981 by interagency committees.
The term developed to mean the DEVIL or personalized force of EVIL who entices mankind away from the service and love of GOD.
The term developed from the original meaning which referred literally to going to a market to buy or sell goods or services.
The title developed by BioWare and published by Electronic Arts will be bigger and better in every way than the first installment in the series and some of the biggest changes will affect combat.
 The term developed from the original meaning which referred literally to going to market, as in shopping, or going to a market to buy or sell goods or services.
In 1974, Davis went on to co-found Arista Records where the label developed the careers of Aretha Franklin, the Grateful Dead, Whitney Houston, Barry Manilow, Patti Smith, and Dionne Warwick among the diverse roster under his leadership.
Specific reasons why the term developed negative racial aspects are easy to identify.
(The term developed from the original meaning of "marketing" which literally referred to going to market, as in shopping, or going to a market and selling products and services).
It will be the first major stereoscopic video game title developed in 3D from the ground up.
The billions of dollars of illegal drugs and the thousands and thousands of illegal immigrants that enter the United States from the south simply point out that "National Security" is a myth and the "War on Terror" is a term developed to keep us feeling safe with the impression that something is being done to protect us.