from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or condition of being intolerant; lack of tolerance.
- n. Medicine Extreme sensitivity or allergy to a drug, food, or other substance: lactose intolerance.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the state of being intolerant
- n. An intolerant word or action
- n. extreme sensitivity to a food or drug; allergy
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Lack of capacity to endure.
- n. The quality of being intolerant; refusal to allow to others the enjoyment of their opinions, chosen modes of worship, and the like; lack of patience and forbearance; illiberality; bigotry.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality of being intolerant; incapacity or indisposition to bear or endure; non-endurance: as, intolerance of heat or cold.
- n. Lack of toleration; indisposition to tolerate contrary opinions or beliefs; bigoted opposition or resistance to dissent.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. unwillingness to recognize and respect differences in opinions or beliefs
- n. impatience with annoyances
Sorry, no etymologies found.
This intolerance is the result of the neutrality of Canadians in their attitude toward the basic responsibility to the nation, to the world, to the people of the world, and to God.
This kind of intolerance is what makes today's Liberals (in power and on message boards) incredibly hypocritical.
The highest incidence of dairy intolerance is in Asian groups.
Lactose intolerance is a product of well-known Darwinian rules.
And this climate of increasing intolerance is not confined to newspaper columnists by any means.
When we talk about intolerance, is racism really the issue when the problem is your inability to perform your only job function?
Michael B: Perhaps your own ratiophobia and intolerance is at issue, eh?
Perhaps your own ratiophobia and intolerance is at issue, eh?
I know you were taught that YOUR hate and intolerance is justified hate and intolerance.
The cost of hate, violence, and intolerance is just as bad.