from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Chemistry Any of two or more substances that are composed of the same elements in the same proportions but differ in properties because of differences in the arrangement of atoms.
- n. Physics Any of two or more nuclei with the same mass number and atomic number that have different radioactive properties and can exist in any of several energy states for a measurable period of time.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of two or more compounds with the same molecular formula but with different structure.
- n. Any of two or more atomic nuclei with the same mass number and atomic number but with different radioactive properties.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A compound which is isomeric with another body or compound; a compound having the same chemical composition as another compound; a member of an isomeric series.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In chem., a compound that exhibits the properties of isomerism with reference to some other compound. Also isomeride.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a compound that exists in forms having different arrangements of atoms but the same molecular weight
However, the trans-10 cis-12 CLA isomer alone is known to have some adverse effects, such as, fatty liver formation, insulin resistance, etc. which can be corrected by combining with the cis-9 trans-11 CLA isomer, which is known to improve insulin sensitivity as well as fatty liver formation, "wrote the researchers.
Because all amino acids except glycine are chiral, biosynthetic pathways must generate the correct isomer with high fidelity.
Chemet® (succimer) contains the stable meso isomer of dimercaptosuccinic acid which has also been known as DMSA.
An isomer is an atomic isotope already charged with energy.
To get any kind of explosion, start with the hafnium isomer 178m2.
So storing energy in a hafnium isomer is one thing.
B fork the deterministic isomer generator back to the CDK
Each molecule blend, each dimer and isomer, will have different properties.
Sometimes her brains get a little too big for her Bible: On '' Mary Jane, '' she fails to find a rhyme for '' tetrahydrocannabinol pure isomer dronabinol. ''
The octane isomer has a good ability to resist premature detonation of an air fuel mix.