from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a lining, an inner layer or covering.
- adj. Having lines, ruled.
- adj. Having visible lines or wrinkles.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of line.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. furnished with items in a line or as if in a line.
- adj. having visible lines; -- used especially of skin. Contrasted to
- adj. having a lining or a liner; often used in combination. Opposite of
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as lineate.
- Having a lining.
- Impregnated. See line, verb, 4.
- Supplied with money.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. bordered by a line of things
- adj. (used especially of skin) marked by lines or seams
- adj. having a lining or a liner; often used in combination
Sorry, no etymologies found.
With few exceptions all the innumerable nests of _O. sutorius_ that I have seen were lined with some soft substance -- cotton-wool, the silky down of the cotton-tree (_Bomlax heptaphyllum_) grass-down, soft horsehair, or even human hair, while the nests of _P. stewarti_ are almost without exception _lined_ with fine grass-roots.
French publisher Krok Nik Douil Editions has a new title lined up for the Festival International des Jeux, the March 2010 game festival in Cannes.
I suited up in lined fishing waders for warmth, grabbed my fleece pullover and stepped into the eco-boat for the hour voyage up Bute Inlet, through the Arran and Yuculta rapids to the Orford River.
Going behind to final years run to a Final Four, Villanova is upon a 25-5 hurl (20-9 ATS in lined games).
Martin lined into a double play, second baseman Utley unassisted, Furcal out.
Leigh Tiffin lined up for a 29-yard field goal, but his kick was low and Ricky-Jean Francois swiped it away with his big right hand.
Well, I re-did the rinse/dry/store in lined bowls thing for the lettuce, and left the snap peas in their bag (and made a note to just eat them faster.)
These people with the "R" in front of their name lined up in unison at the beginning of this presidency, not over fighting any specific bill -- they were fighting against ALL of them.
Meanwhile Farrelly also tells The Boston Globe through Collider that there's another name lined up to take over Penn's role, that of Paul Giamatti.
Vlad swept through the silent crowd, holding the edges of his stain lined cape and mounted the stage with an effortless little hop. â€œLong have we been rivals, Alpine Zanzibar, but tonight, that ends. â€ Vlad wrapped his arm around Zanzibarâ€ ™ s waist, pulling Zanzibars body towards his in a smooth, practiced motion.