from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A reminder of the past; a keepsake.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A keepsake; an object kept as a reminder of a place or event.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A hint, suggestion, token, or memorial, to awaken memory; that which reminds or recalls to memory; a souvenir.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A hint, suggestion, notice, or memorial to awaken memory; that which reminds; a reminder of what is past or of what is to come; specifically, a souvenir.
- n. Synonyms Souvenir, etc. (see memorial), remembrancer.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a reminder of past events
No earring memento from the Second Queen to Chagum (as seen in episode 1).
Some of the pilgrims take home a bottle of holy water or a memento from the church, conveniently available on the way out.
Some of the miners gathered a few rocks to take with them, a memento from the place they called home for more than two months.
The only reason I gave begins a chance was due to nolan's involvement (memento is one of my all time favorites).
So I think if it's not on there's it probably personal preference, as Sean Dailey said. sean dailey to my knowledge, the special edition of memento is the only film nolan's done a commentary on. i think he just doesn't like doing them. i doubt the "rush" has anything to do with it.
The memento is a AAA shell casing, which has the following inscription [in Vietnamese]:
No letter from Denver – no memento from the Klondike, no word even from Wallace, who had gone north with his brother.
The memento is a reference to the repeal in 1999 of Depression-era legislation; the repeal overturned core financial regulations, allowed for the creation of Citi and helped feed the Wall Street boom.
'' I've got to have some kind of memento or other, '' Stankowski added, forgetting the scorecard on which he marked 74-78, more than enough strokes to miss the cut.
"I hope you'll like this -- a kind of memento ..."