from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The socioeconomic class between the working class and the upper class, usually including professionals, highly skilled laborers, and lower and middle management.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Of, pertaining to, or included in the middle class. See
middle class, under middle, a.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A
socialand economic classlying above the working classand below the upper class.
- noun plural The groups in society composed of professionals, semi-professionals, and lower-to-middle managerial level workers.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the social class between the lower and upper classes
- adjective occupying a socioeconomic position intermediate between those of the lower classes and the wealthy
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.