from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A wooden bar, or iron pin.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An inhabitant of Normandy, a duchy and later a province of northern France bordering on the English Channel; a member of that branch of the Northmen or Scandinavians who in the beginning of the tenth century settled in northern France and founded the duchy of Normandy.
- n. Same as Norman French (which see, below).
- Of or pertaining to Normandy or the Normans.
- n. Nautical: A short, heavy iron pin put into a hole in the windlass or bitts, to keep the chaincable in place while veering.
- n. A pin through the rudder-head.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. United States operatic soprano (born in 1945)
- n. an inhabitant of Normandy
- n. Australian golfer (born in 1955)
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of Normandy
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of the Normans
Sorry, no etymologies found.
April 4, 2009 at 9: 55 am theres some strange dialog when peter meets norman in his apartment in the new ways to die storyline, he says something about, or like, "what we did is working" or something like that ... who knows what that means but ... probably tied to OMD/BND
Steve Fortney (23: 19: 42): yep. been there. just celebrated our 50th anniversary. all kids here. happy time. minda claims we have a norman rockwell family. maybe so. but behind are depths … …
Why do you think the judges on american idol cut some of the better people and put through bad ones? ex: cody sheldon and michael castro should have gone through tatiana del toro and norman gentle should have gone home.
My beau and I only knew the bride and her best friend so all the air kissing around us left us feeling like norman no mates.
My Favorite TV Dads From The 1960s all in the family, andy griffith, I love lucy, jerry seinfeld, larry gelbart, lucille ball, mash, norman lear, seinfeld, TV Shows
Five Notorious Gangsters of the Great Depression birthday, birthdays, blythe danner, Charles “Pretty Boy” Floyd, feb 3, february 3, horace greeley, james michener, norman rockwell, Pretty Boy Floyd
English is a nightmare to pronounce with fiddly rules, because it is a mixture of saxon and norman french.
Perhaps he meant her decision to resign? norman from canada
But at least he got the libs foaming at the mouth. norman
Also yea i definately want to see otto and norman used as supporting players in the first of reboot.