from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A ring inserted through the nose of an animal to allow the passage of a rope, as for leading or securing.
- n. A ring or other ornament inserted through the nose.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A ring affixed to the snout of cattle, to make them follow immediately when a chain is attached to the ring.
- n. A ring worn on a person's nose, for jewelry
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a ring worn on the nose as an ornament or on the nose of an animal to control it
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.