from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A ring inserted through the nose of an animal to allow the passage of a rope, as for leading or securing.
- noun A ring inserted through the nose of a person as an ornament.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A ring affixed to the
snoutof cattle, to make them follow immediately when a chainis attached to the ring.
- noun A ring worn on a person's nose, for
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a ring worn on the nose as an ornament or on the nose of an animal to control it
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.