from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A ring inserted through the nose of an animal to allow the passage of a rope, as for leading or securing.
- n. A ring or other ornament inserted through the nose.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A ring affixed to the snout of cattle, to make them follow immediately when a chain is attached to the ring.
- n. A ring worn on a person's nose, for jewelry
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a ring worn on the nose as an ornament or on the nose of an animal to control it
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The other man, the one who blocked the door, was the polar opposite of the big guy – in his twenties, Asian, squat, granite muscular and cube-shaped with bleached-blond hair, a nose ring or two, and a yellow Walkman in his ears.