from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun One who has formerly held the position of master in an organization, especially a social one such as a lodge or club.
- noun One who is thoroughly experienced and skilled in a particular craft or activity.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun See
passed master, under master.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun freemasonry Someone who has previously been a
masterat a given lodge.
- noun One who has an extremely high level of
abilityor knowledgewithin an area of achievementor expertise.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun someone who was formerly a master
- noun someone who has long and thorough experience in a given activity
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.