from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who has formerly held the position of master in an organization, especially a social one such as a lodge or club.
- n. One who is thoroughly experienced and skilled in a particular craft or activity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Someone who has previously been a master at a given lodge.
- n. One who has an extremely high level of ability or knowledge within an area of achievement or expertise.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a person who is unusually expert, skilled, or experienced in some art, technique, or profession; -- usually used with at or of.
- adj. See under Master.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See passed master, under master.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who was formerly a master
- n. someone who has long and thorough experience in a given activity
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.