from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A highly intelligent person, especially one who plans and directs a complex or difficult project: the mastermind of a robbery.
- transitive v. To direct, plan, or supervise (a project or activity).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person with an extraordinary intellect or skill that is markedly superior to his or her peers.
- n. A person responsible for the highest level of planning and execution of a major operation.
- v. To act in the role of mastermind.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who creates new things
- v. plan and direct (a complex undertaking)
- n. someone who has exceptional intellectual ability and originality
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Now, more than 50 years later, the "Star Wars" mastermind is returning to the genre for an all-CG film he's producing.
A mastermind is leaving mirrored clues about a plan to destroy the Earth amid thefts of a beryllium sphere and oscillation overthruster.
Doesn't seem necessary at this point, the main mastermind already plead guilty in military tribunal and asked for the death penalty.
Ban said he is very much relieved by the news that justice has been done to who he called a mastermind of international terrorism.
If the top mastermind is in Yemen, what the hell are we doing building a quagmire in Afghanistan?
"Following the bombing of the United Nations building on August 26, 2011 in Abuja by Boko Haram, which claimed about twenty three lives, Mamman Nur was identified as the mastermind and security agencies subsequently declared him wanted," a statement from the government state services department said.
Neal Caffrey (Matt Bomer), a charming criminal mastermind, is finally caught by his nemesis, FBI Agent Peter Burke (Tim DeKay).
Shirley Corriher, the cookie's mastermind, is a cooking teacher and food scientist from Atlanta, Georgia, and her tips throughout the recipe definitely make me feel like I'm doing each step for a reason.
Two of the three here are proven risk and the third mastermind is relatively unknown.
Late last month, Kenyan police reported they had arrested a man they described as the mastermind of the attack in which Mr. Bridges was killed.