from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun One that constructs or repairs something. Often used in combination.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun One whose occupation is some kind of mechanical business; an artificer; a workman, especially a constructive workman.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun One who is engaged in a mechanical or manufacturing business; an artificer; a workman; a manufacturer; a mechanic; esp., a worker in wood; -- now chiefly used in compounds, as in mill
wright, wheel wright, etc.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun obsolete A
builderor creatorof something.
- verb dated Common misspelling of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun United States writer of detective novels (1888-1939)
- noun United States aviation pioneer who (with his brother Wilbur Wright) invented the airplane (1871-1948)
- noun influential United States architect (1869-1959)
- noun United States writer whose work is concerned with the oppression of African Americans (1908-1960)
- noun United States aviation pioneer who (with his brother Orville Wright) invented the airplane (1867-1912)
- noun United States early feminist (born in Scotland) (1795-1852)
- noun someone who makes or repairs something (usually used in combination)
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
May 25th, 2008 2: 59 pm ET rev wright is going to be vice president
May 9th, 2008 2: 49 pm ET reverend wright is a great man.
If anything she is helping to dissociate wright from the campaign altogether and he has been pushing for the ad to stop in NC!
April 29th, 2008 1: 54 pm ET we don't need another speech, wright is just enoying his media time and giving Obama something to talk about since Obama doesnt have any real plans for the USA except maybe to stand around in a circule with the people who want to kill us and sing kumbayah.
He either agrees wright is wrong or he thinks wright is ok.
I was amazed at how close Rev. wright is to the Clintons. in this same speech, Rev. wright sings the praises of the Clintons.
Now, Rev. wright is publicly playing the fool, fully knowing that it is helping Hillary to destroy Obama.
April 28th, 2008 4: 15 pm ET jerimiah wright is causing racial divide across the nation i am a black man and i have to say mr wright is a racist
April 25th, 2008 3: 26 pm ET another example of obama's arrogance. not so fast, now that rev. wright is back on the talk show circuit I'm sure there will be some more controversy coming obama's way.
Of course clinton supporters are going to argue wright is an issue.