from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To write; compose.
- transitive v. To set down in writing.
- transitive v. Obsolete To dictate.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To physically make letters and words on a writing surface; to inscribe
- v. To write, especially a literary or artistic work; to compose
- n. An extremely rare indium-iron sulfide mineral.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To compose; to write; to be author of; to dictate; to prompt.
- transitive v. To invite or ask.
- transitive v. To indict; to accuse; to censure.
- intransitive v. To compose; to write, as a poem.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To put into verbal form; compose; write.
- To conceive the form of; arrange for utterance or writing: only in the place cited.
- In the following passage, to invite: perhaps a misprint.
- To compose; write.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. produce a literary work
It forms only a very few rare minerals, such as indite, which is never abundant enough to be an ore of indium.
However in this quest for justice for Phoebe the state must indite everyone responsible for sadness in her life not just the accused bullies.
Dont let the white house door hit you in the ass on the way out. googbye to all the imbeciles in Bush administration. i pray and hope that the world court will indite these criminals for war crimes. looking back they have destroyed america and for which it stands for.freedom. they have destroyed americas economy and made her a third world country.
When is the new AG going to indite old Norm for taking $75,000 under the table
Their own website (www.dallascult.com) and their book (Chapter 3) indite cultish behaviors such as communal meals (like the Eucharist), Jewish feasts, frequent Bible studies, and the home schooling of the children.
I am not willing to indite the whole society, though I think Modern America's love affair with adolescence sends unfortunate signals to the more gullible among young males.
Fantine barely knew how to read, and did not know how to write; in her childhood she had only been taught to sign her name; she had a public letter-writer indite an epistle to Tholomyes, then a second, then a third.
Got me, try the impeach Bush thing, or the force Rummy out, or maybe even indite Rove, but I mean really, just move on off of trying to indite Rove, if it was gonna happen, it would have happened.
Investigator guy either needs to indite him or move on to something new, like class action law suits.
Fitz has been methodical and if there is enough evidence to indite then indite he will.