from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Slang Having less substance or weight or fewer calories than something else: "lite music, shimmering on the surface and squishy soft at the core” ( Mother Jones).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Light in composition, notably low in fat, calories etc.:
- adj. Lightweight
- adj. Informal spelling of light.
- adj. Lacking substance or seriousness.
- n. A little, bit.
- adj. few; little
- v. To expect; wait.
- v. To rely.
- n. The act of waiting; a wait.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Little.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of low rank.
- n. A little; a small amount; a short, time.
- In a small quantity or degree.
- n. In the Gr. Ch., a religious procession accompanied with prayer; prayer for a special object made during such a procession.
- n. An element (a quasi-suffix) in names of minerals, signifying ‘stone’: same as -lith.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having relatively few calories
Answer ithica model 37 featherlite depending on what guage can vary in price by condition gun blue book has the 16 g at 150 to 450 depending on condition. the ultra lite is the one that has increased in value due to the low production numbers word diamonds visualization words Bible www. worddiamonds.com
Tactical Nuclear Penguin lite = 25 % instead of 30 % for full strength.
Clay a friend of mine shoots a 264 and has good luck with it, I just dont like shootin lite bullets at that vel at anything bigger than a coyote.
Ugly Stik lite is the way to go if your into trout or panfishing.
"But E-lite is more a matter of aesthetic and style and a considerable softening of the edges in doctrine, politics and social values," Silk says.
No change for Interior with this pick: Bush lite is about it.
In today's Metro there's a quote from a Kosovo imam explaining his nascent country's version of Islam: "Our Islam is 'lite' -- like Coke Lite or Marlboro Light cigarettes."
In this new category - call it camcorder "lite" - Pure Digital is the undisputed leader.
So in lite of the inefficiencies of ‘gh’, I decided that I would no longer use it in informal writing (I don’t have the guts to omit it in a resume quite yet).
You are thinking that there are numerous factual differences between this real life situation and one where the policeman pulls somebody over for burned out tag lite and then observes them using a cell phone to record.