from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. Without reservation or qualification; openly: finally responded outright to the question.
- adv. Completely and entirely; wholly: denied the charges outright.
- adv. At once; straightway: were killed outright in the crash.
- adv. Without additional payments owing, constraints, or stipulations: owns the property outright.
- adj. Presented without reservation; unqualified: an outright gift.
- adj. Complete; total: outright victory.
- adj. Thoroughgoing; out-and-out: outright viciousness; an outright coward.
- adj. Made without constraints, stipulations, or additional payments owed: outright sale of the property.
- adj. Archaic Moving straight onward.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. Wholly, completely and entirely.
- adv. Openly and without reservation.
- adv. At once.
- adv. With no outstanding conditions.
- adv. Blatantly; inexcusably.
- adj. Unqualified and unreserved.
- adj. Total or complete.
- adj. Having no outstanding conditions.
- v. To release a player outright, without conditions.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Downright; plain; unqualified; utter; straight-out.
- adv. Immediately; without delay; at once.
- adv. Completely; utterly.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Straight on; right onward; directly; hence, at once; immediately; without delay.
- To the full extent; completely; entirely; altogether; without reservation: as, to settle a bargain outright.
- Downright; unqualified: as, outright wickedness.
- Straight out; straight on.
- Total; entire: as, the outright sum was $3,000.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. without restrictions or stipulations or further payments
- adj. without reservation or exception
- adv. without any delay
- adv. without reservation or concealment
I aim to win the title outright at West Ham and then to establish them in the Premier League.
Arizona can win the title outright by beating Oregon at home on Saturday.
They could win the title outright by winning Monday at Winslow Township.
Finally, it was official -- the Nighthawks won the title outright thanks to a tiebreaking 79 from their fifth scorer, a senior who has been with the program since its inception.
Buchanan (21-0-1, 8-0) can win the title outright with a victory in one of its final two regular-season games: Friday at Clovis East or Feb. 10 at home against Central.
The Chinese finished the four-team tournament with seven points and will win the title outright if hosts Japan fail to beat South Korea by three goals in Tokyo later on Sunday.
It was the third consecutive championship for the Cougars, who won the title outright in 2008 and shared it with Edina last season.
Improving to 22-0 (7-0 Big Ten), Iowa now stands alone atop the conference regular season standings with a chance to clinch the title outright Sunday afternoon at Wisconsin.
The Cowboys 10-1, 6-1 Big 12, can win the title outright if Baylor beats No.
No. 20 Ray (24-7 overall, 10-0 district) can claim the title outright with a victory in either of its final two games, against Moody and Gregory-Portland.