from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. So crude and unrefined as to be lacking in discrimination and sensibility.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. coarse; crude; not refined or sensible
- adj. materialistic
- adj. dense
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Gross; thick; dense; coarse; not elaborated or refined.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Thick; coarse; gross; not thin nor fine: now chiefly used of immaterial things.
- Gross; stupid; obtuse: as, crass ignorance.
- n. A species of sea-anemone, Bunodes crassicornis.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of persons) so unrefined as to be lacking in discrimination and sensibility
Many of the Reformers (by my reading of them) condemned the notion of real presence (and transubstantiation) because they interpreted it as a fleshy and physical presence (what you call crass and I might call immoderate realist).
That view is upheld by LA Times columnist Michael Hiltzik, who asks what he calls the crass question - "What is Apple Inc's plan if CEO Steve Jobs dies?"
Liefeld engaging in crass commercialism and embracing gimmicks?
Solutions that seem pompous and crass from the Conservative think tank.
It has been an exercise in crass populism and political stupidity almost without equal in the Telegraph.
To think: Hooters, engaging in crass gender stereotyping.
The NL nationalists and others of a more provincial rights bent have been effectively used here for short term crass political gain.
It is just now coming of age as a journalistic medium and tends to wallow in crass humor and sarcasm.
The problem with that is that most if not all of the "leadership" that Bush has demonstrated after that has been wasted in crass political usage and by pissing off any allies we might have won in the run-up to invading Iraq for no other reason than pique.
Print South Gloucestershire Councillor cuts tweet 'was crass' A message posted by a councillor on Twitter saying his authority was "clearly not cutting enough" has been described as "crass".