from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To pass (something) again.
- transitive v. To cause to pass again in the opposite direction.
- intransitive v. To pass again; go by again.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To pass (back) again, especially in the opposite direction; to return.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To pass again; to pass or travel over in the opposite direction; to pass a second time
- intransitive v. To pass or go back; to move back.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To pass or go back; move back: used specifically by conjurers or jugglers.
- To pass again, in any sense.
Another example most of the white staff members at my school didn't understand: The school secretary mentioned that there would be a "repass" on Friday and she'd be collecting money.
As the White House scrambles to try to find 216 votes in the House to repass health care, it continues to have a serious problem with elements of the rejectionist left:
I use speed control and if some loses compression after he passes me, I will repass him and move into the right lane ahead of him.
After I did, I kept waiting for him to repass, but he never did.
Their fellow natives pass and repass without noticing them or thought of bestowing aid or alms, and here it is not expected; they have passed beyond the pale of charity; it is the last ditch; they are here to die, not to receive alms.
Side a sort of Bridge, which I presum'd he plac'd to pass and repass at his Pleasure; but I could no Ways attain to have it for my Use.
Biedermans, who readily agreed to let me pass and repass unquestioned.
We may follow this guide, and take the chance of his fidelity, or we may adopt the hint of yonder damsel-errant, and cross over to the other side of the Rhine, and again repass the river at Strassburg.
The idea is to be riding in blue jeans and saddle bags when the spandex clad tri geek goes by tucked into the aero bars and then you bring out your A game and repass the dude with your Decepticon bike.
He sends his myrmidons to come over the fence and pass and repass.