from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A cocktail made with crème de cacao, sweet cream, and brandy or gin.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alexanders: any of various umbellifers, often specifically Smyrnium olusatrum or Heracleum maximum, the cow parsnip
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a European herb (Smyrnium olusatrum) somewhat resembling celery widely naturalized in Britain coastal regions and often cultivated as a potherb.
- n. the famous king of Macedon, son of Philip; conqueror of Greece and Egypt and Persia; founder of Alexandria -- (356-323 BC).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To treat with harshness and severity, in the manner of Sir Jerome Alexander, an Irish judge in the seventeenth century who was noted for his harsh and merciless decisions, especially in regard to Presbytenans and other nonconformists; by implication, to hang.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. king of Macedon; conqueror of Greece and Egypt and Persia; founder of Alexandria (356-323 BC)
- n. European herb somewhat resembling celery widely naturalized in Britain coastal regions and often cultivated as a potherb
C - said ... you might consider exploring alexander technique, which has completely transformed how i approach physical tension, and which has informed and improved my vocal technique immeasurably. the key word in alexander technique is 'technique', which is to say, there is method in choosing to release tension, even in exceedingly stressful situations. if you (like me) are not of the type to 'stop thinking' and 'just sing it', alexander might be the guide to a better way of thinking, which will in turn allow you to just sing it.
Finance Manager finance manager company name alexander bec job ... growing financial services firm needs a group finance manager ... responsibilities: manage the ...
Entry tags: alexander scourby, fall of the house of usher, man in black the, pit and the pendulum the, weird tales
If anyone would care to donate the aforementioned radio shows, please contact me at email@example.com. var doubleclick_ad_params = 'a = 1; r = 0; w = 1; wg = 0; wa = 0; jid = 10275111; kw = alexander; kw = scourby; kw = pit; kw = and; kw = the; kw = pendulum; kw = man; kw = in; kw = black; kw = fall; c = jo; pt = jo ';
Five People Born on January 21 alexander graham bell, antonio meucci, butch cassidy, don adams, guy fawkes, sundance kid, the gunpowder plot, thomas jefferson
Hamilton Wars by admin on Jun. 22, 2009, under Uncategorized how did alexander hamilton contribute to the revolutionary war? ok so i need to know how Alexander Hamilton contributed to the revolutionary war and ive looked every were and i cant find it!!!
It doesn't matter that everone from alexander to the Soviets have failed there.
Five People Born on January 21 clarence darrow, conan o 'brien, haley mills, James Woods, Jay Leno, lucretia borgia, pope alexander VI, scopes monkey trial, william jennings bryan
Five Things That Happened On May 3rd alexander hamilton, benjamin franklin, britain, constitutional congress, founding fathers, george washington, John Adams, revolutionary war, thomas jefferson, united states of america
On roadside banks, overlooking the eucalyptus groves and polytunnels of market gardens at Boetheric and Burraton, daffodils faded before the end of March and now sprawl between the umbels of alexander.