from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A warning signal.
- n. Something that demands attention or provokes an irritated reaction.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A cue, warning, or alert; a sign or signal that something is wrong.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. See under Flag.
- n. a flag of a red color, displayed as a signal of danger or token of defiance; the emblem of anarchists.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the emblem of socialist revolution
- n. something that irritates or demands immediate action
- n. a flag that serves as a warning signal
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.