from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A map, especially one for motorists, showing and designating the roads of a region.
- noun A set of guidelines, instructions, plans, or explanations.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A map with a visual representation of roads used for automobile travel and navigation. A road map may contain other relevant data, such as terrain or rail roads.
- noun figuratively a plan of action, laying out the future actions of participants.
- noun computing A structured representation of objects over a period of time to display a development plan. Road maps are used in business for strategic planning and communications.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a map showing roads (for automobile travel)
- noun a detailed plan or explanation to guide you in setting standards or determining a course of action
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.