from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A concise manual or reference book providing specific information or instruction about a subject or place.
- n. Games A book in which off-track bets are recorded.
- n. Games A place where off-track bets are taken.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A topically organized book of reference on a certain field of knowledge, disregarding the size of it.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A book of reference, to be carried in the hand; a manual; a guidebook.
- n. A book containing reference information for a specific field.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A small book or treatise, properly such as may easily be held in the hand; specifically, a manual or compendium, or a guide-book for travellers: as, handbooks of science; a handbook of Italy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a concise reference book providing specific information about a subject or location
The second part of the handbook is about ways to get round filtering (Choosing circumvention, by Nart Villeneuve).
“Attacking the messenger” from the Hasbara handbook is increasing at FDL.
The handbook is available online and as a PDF for printing.
Since we actively promote the arts and academia, your handbook is out of date.
This pocket-sized handbook is part of the Andrews McMeel Publishing series of dining guides, and they couldn't have chosen a more qualified person to write the definitive handbook on Mexican cuisine.
Belkhouche said that, at one of the forums, Cowen “bluntly said that the handbook is not enforceable.”
The rest of the handbook is some interesting stuff if you dig construction how-to's -- this could've been sold at a Home Depot if they had them at the time.
This free traffic handbook is very update and helpful.
The handbook is simply to help bloggers encountering opposition because of what they write to maintain their freedom of expression.
The handbook is the recruiter's bible, the essential guide for those who have to go into the nation's high schools and round up warm bodies to fill the embarrassingly skimpy ranks of the Army's basic training units.