from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Music A composition for seven voices or seven instruments.
- n. Music A group of seven singers or seven instrumentalists.
- n. A group of seven.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A group of seven; often applied to a musical group of seven performers.
- n. A musical composition for seven instruments or seven voices.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A set of seven persons or objects.
- n. A musical composition for seven instruments or seven voices; -- called also septuor.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In music:
- n. A work for seven voices or instruments. Compare quartet and quintet.
- n. A company of seven performers who sing or play septets. Also septette, septuor.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the cardinal number that is the sum of six and one
- n. a set of seven similar things considered as a unit
- n. seven performers or singers who perform together
- n. seven people considered as a unit
- n. a musical composition written for seven performers
Government sources in Jerusalem said that the inner cabinet, known as the "septet" - which last met on Sunday to discuss Israel's reply to demands made by US President Barack Obama, including an end to construction in east Jerusalem, an extension of the 10-month housing-start moratorium, and an agreement to deal with issues of settlements, refugees and Jerusalem in the proximity talks - would likely meet again during Pessah to formulate Israel's response.
With six albums ' worth of material to draw from, the swampy septet, which is mid-way through a lengthy tour that included an appearance by Mr. Grey on " A Prairie Home Companion, " should come out cooking.
Rhodium has a septet, which is to be seen in the _c_ of titanium (see _k_ in the titanium diagram) and differs only in this from its group.
In his effort to pass the buck, Netanyahu claimed he had only discussed the media and hasbara (public diplomacy) ramifications of stopping the flotilla with his top cabinet, known as the septet, and had left the rest up to Barak.
The "septet" forum of seven senior ministers will discuss the matter again on Wednesday.
Indeed, of the three ministers in Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu's "septet" whose jobs are not well defined -
Ya'alon does have clout, by virtue of his position on the "septet," Netanyahu's supreme decision making forum where the country's weightiest policy issues are decided.
Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman, one of the members of Netanyahu's "septet" inner cabinet, told Channel 2 on Thursday that while Israel was not looking for a fight with the US, it would not give up on its "basic right" to build in Jerusalem.
Prime Minister Netanyahu's inner cabinet, commonly known as the 'septet'.
Dr Begin is one of the seven ministers in Prime Minister Netanyahu's inner cabinet, commonly known as the 'septet'.