from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An overseer of slaves at work.
- n. A severely exacting employer or supervisor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An employer who demands excessive work from the employee.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. one who superintends slaves at their work; hence, figuratively, a cruel taskmaster.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An overseer of slaves at their work; hence, an exacting or cruel taskmaster.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a cruel employer who demands excessive work from the employees
- n. a supervisor of slaves at work
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.