from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun An overseer of slaves at work.
- noun A severely exacting employer or supervisor.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun An overseer of slaves at their work; hence, an exacting or cruel taskmaster.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun An
employerwho demands excessive work from the employee.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a cruel employer who demands excessive work from the employees
- noun a supervisor of slaves at work
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.