from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who sings.
- n. See songwriter.
- n. A songbird.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A man who sings songs, especially as a profession; a male singer.
- n. A male songbird.
- n. One who writes songs.
- n. A book of songs; songbook.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who sings; one skilled in singing; -- not often applied to human beings.
- n. A singing bird.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which sings or is skilled in singing.
- n. Specifically, in ornith,:
- n. A singer; a singing bird.
- n. plural Specifically, singing birds: the Oscines, Cantores, Cantatores, Acromyodi, or Polymyodi.
- n. A writer of songs or poems.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a composer of words or music for popular songs
- n. a person who sings
- n. any bird having a musical call
Not till then had we supposed that the songster was a bird.
The precentor, whose place was in a kind of songster's pulpit just below me, was wreathed in the complacent air of a man who has discharged a lofty duty and has done it well.
This animal is the evening and morning "songster" of the Amazon woods.
But ere I lied from it, I looked down the path to see what could make a man so lighthearted in this weary world; and lo! the songster was a humpbacked cripple, with a bloody bandage o'er his eye, and both legs gone at the knee. "
Among the other performers with Lennon connections and a desire to help Amnesty are: â¢ EARL SLICK -- the David Bowie guitarist who worked on Lennon's final album (1980's Double Fantasty) and previously on Lennon's 1975 collaboration with David Bowie, "Fame." â¢ NEIL INNES -- the former Bonzo Dog Band and Monty Python songster who co-created the affectionate Beatles pastiche The Rutles and played the Lennon-esque Ron Nasty.
If you've been reading any handful of science fiction blogs, you've undoubtedly heard of the SciFi songster John Anealio.
Somehow, it caught he attention of SciFi songster John Anealio who turned it into an original song.
The successful artist or poet or songster is creating something inside of your mind, using thoughts and energy that he/she does not own.
"An 'Ferguson was no jay-throated songster," some one spoke up from the crowd.
It was written in 1918 by songster Irving Berlin, a Jewish immigrant from Russia, while he was in the army during World War I.