from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A male singer or voice with a range higher than a bass and lower than a tenor.
- noun An instrument that sounds within this range.
- noun A vocal or instrumental part written in this range.
- noun A valved brass instrument similar to but larger than the euphonium.
from The Century Dictionary.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The male voice between
- noun The musical range between tenor and bass
- noun A person, instrument, or group that performs in the range between tenor and bass
- noun Specifically, a brass instrument similar to the
euphonium, but with a cylindrical boreinstead of a conical one.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the second lowest brass wind instrument
- noun a male singer
- adjective lower in range than tenor and higher than bass
- noun the second lowest adult male singing voice
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[Italian baritono, from Greek barutonos, deep sounding : barus, heavy; see gwerə- in Indo-European roots + tonos, tone; see tone.]
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From Ancient Greek βαρύτονος, from βαρύς ("heavy") + τόνος ("tone").
Sorry, no example sentences found.