from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The soybean.
- n. Soy sauce.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A Chinese and Japanese liquid sauce for fish, made by subjecting boiled beans to long fermentation and then long digestion in salt and water. US preference is the term soy sauce.
- n. Soybeans. Often used attributively.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A Chinese and Japanese liquid sauce for fish, etc., made by subjecting boiled beans (esp. soybeans), or beans and meal, to long fermentation and then long digestion in salt and water.
- n. The soybean.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A kind or sauce prepared in the East from the soy-bean (see def. 2).
- n. The soy-bean or-pea, Glycine Soja (Soja hispida, etc.).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a source of oil; used for forage and soil improvement and as food
- n. erect bushy hairy annual herb having trifoliate leaves and purple to pink flowers; extensively cultivated for food and forage and soil improvement but especially for its nutritious oil-rich seeds; native to Asia
- n. thin sauce made of fermented soy beans
- n. the most highly proteinaceous vegetable known; the fruit of the soybean plant is used in a variety of foods and as fodder (especially as a replacement for animal protein)
Marinate the breast meat in soy sauce or Dale's marinade for about 30 minutes.
To me, soy is like the professional athlete that signs an unlimited use licensing agreement for his/her name and suddenly finds their image on the side of a cigarette box.
The debate over the potential benefits and dangers of eating soy is ongoing and often heated.
Make sure the soy foods you enjoy are not genetically modified and do not contain soy protein isolates and other undesirable ingredients, such as fructose, corn syrup and artificial sweeteners and flavors.
Basically chicken and/or pork in soy sauce & vinegar & garlic.
The soy sauce tasted like, well, plain soy sauce, and the chimichurri tasted like oil mixed with parsley.
Toronto researchers have found that a diet high in soy protein, fiber, and plant sterols reduces LDL and CRP levels as much as a low-dose statin.
Cook - who has no wife and children of his own - removes our soup bowls and brings out dishes of shrimp with water chestnuts, pork stewed in soy sauce with dried vegetables and bamboo shoots, steamed eel, an eight-treasures vegetable dish, and rice, but the heat swallows my hunger.
Come to find out, there is a significant amount of naturally occurring estrogen in soy milk.
I prefer to marinate them for like 30 mins in soy sauce and finely chopped green onions then a quick sear on the grill.