from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. Writing paper and envelopes.
  • n. Writing materials and office supplies.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. writing materials, envelopes, office materials
  • adj. Common misspelling of stationary.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • adj. Belonging to, or sold by, a stationer.
  • n. The articles usually sold by stationers, as paper, pens, ink, quills, blank books, etc.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. The articles usually sold by stationers; the various materials employed in writing, such as paper, pens, pencils, and ink.
  • Relating to writing, or consisting of writing-materials: as, stationery goods.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. paper cut to an appropriate size for writing letters; usually with matching envelopes


stationer +‎ -y (Wiktionary)



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.