from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Writing paper and envelopes.
- n. Writing materials and office supplies.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. writing materials, envelopes, office materials
- adj. Common misspelling of stationary.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The articles usually sold by stationers, as paper, pens, ink, quills, blank books, etc.
- adj. Belonging to, or sold by, a stationer.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The articles usually sold by stationers; the various materials employed in writing, such as paper, pens, pencils, and ink.
- Relating to writing, or consisting of writing-materials: as, stationery goods.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. paper cut to an appropriate size for writing letters; usually with matching envelopes
stationer + -y (Wiktionary)