from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A plug of absorbent material inserted into a body cavity or wound to check a flow of blood or to absorb secretions, especially one designed for insertion into the vagina during menstruation.
- transitive v. To plug or stop with a tampon.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A plug of cotton or other absorbent material inserted into a body cavity or wound to absorb fluid, especially one inserted in the vagina during menstruation.
- n. A double-headed drumstick primarily for the bass drum.
- n. An inking pad used in lithographic printing.
- v. To plug (a wound) with a tampon or compress.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A plug introduced into a natural or artificial cavity of the body in order to arrest hemorrhage, absorb secretions (as from menstruation), or for the application of medicine.
- transitive v. To plug with a tampon.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In surgery, to plug tightly, as a wound or a natural orifice, with cotton, linen, or other form of tampon, to stop hemorrhage, to dilate the orifice, or for other purposes.
- n. In surgery, a plug inserted to stop hemorrhage.
- n. In hair-dressing, a cushion of curled hair or the like, used to support the hair in a puff or roll.
- n. See the quotation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. plug of cotton or other absorbent material; inserted into wound or body cavity to absorb exuded fluids (especially blood)
- v. plug with a tampon
Saw a guy use a tampon on Expedition Africa on TV, Worked good, though why he had a tampon is a question.
In response to the commenter Lee, anyone who refers to a feminist backlash as a "tempest in a tampon" is not going to like or understand the answers to any questions he might ask.
I find it interesting that out of all of the things that you can make a stun gun be disguised as, some thought a tampon was the most appropriate.
* Soak a tampon in probiotic yogurt and leave in place for a couple of hours
To do this, soak a tampon with plain yogurt and insert it inside you.
(Also, I was shut down hard tonight when I said something about a "tampon," reminded by my ladies that a tampon is a very different device than a feminine pad.
The "tampon" is number candles -- and, judging by their shape, I don't believe the recipient is pre-pubescent, as steph contends...
– The only kind of tampon available here is OB, and you can get them at many of the bigger grocery stores.
What’s really vulgar is that Rush, the leader of the teabagger’s, has to use the term tampon in calling a listener down.
It doesn’t give you much access to her vagina, but as there are many other parts to play with, a tampon is an excellent option.