from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A narrow strip of strong woven fabric, as that used in sewing or bookbinding.
- n. A continuous narrow, flexible strip of cloth, metal, paper, or plastic, such as adhesive tape, magnetic tape, or ticker tape.
- n. A string stretched across the finish line of a racetrack to be broken by the winner.
- n. A length, reel, or cassette of magnetic tape.
- n. A recording made on magnetic tape.
- n. A tape measure.
- transitive v. To fasten, secure, strengthen, or wrap with a tape.
- transitive v. To bind together (the sections of a book) by applying strips of tape to.
- transitive v. To measure with a tape measure.
- transitive v. To record (sounds or pictures) on magnetic tape.
- intransitive v. To make a recording on magnetic tape.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Flexible material in a roll with a sticky surface on one or both sides, adhesive tape.
- v. To bind with adhesive tape.
- v. To record, particularly onto magnetic tape.
- v. To understand, figure out.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A narrow fillet or band of cotton or linen; a narrow woven fabric used for strings and the like.
- n. A tapeline; also, a metallic ribbon so marked as to serve as a tapeline.
- transitive v. To furnish with tape; to fasten, tie, bind, or the like, with tape
- transitive v. to record on audio tape or video tape; -- either directly, at the scene of the action tape, or indirectly, as from a broadcast of the action.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To furnish with tape or tapes; attach tape to; tie up with tape; in bookbinding, to join the sections of (a book) by bands of tape.
- To draw out as tape; extend.
- n. A measuring-tape which has one or more flexible wires woven into its length so that stretching may be prevented when the tape is used out of doors in wet weather. The steel tape has replaced this.
- n. A band of linen; an ornamental fillet or piece.
- n. A narrow strip of linen or of cotton, white or dyed of different colors, used as string for tying up papers, etc., or sewed to articles of apparel, to keep them in position, give strength, etc.
- n. A narrow, flexible band of any strong fabric, rotating on pulleys, which presses and guides the movement of sheets in a printing-machine or paper-folding machine.
- n. In telegraphy, the strip of paper used in a printing telegraph-instrument.
- n. A tape-line; a tape-measure.
- n. A long narrow fillet or band of metal or mineral: as, a corundum tape.
- n. Red tape. See the phrase below.
- n. A tapeworm.
- n. Spirituous or fermented drink.
- n. Hence— The transaction of public business as if it consisted essentially in the making, indorsing, taping, and filing of papers in regular routine; excessive attention to formality and routine without regard to the right of the government or of the parties concerned to a reasonably speedy conclusion of the case.
- n. A mole.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a long thin piece of cloth or paper as used for binding or fastening
- v. fasten or attach with tape
- n. a recording made on magnetic tape
- n. measuring instrument consisting of a narrow strip (cloth or metal) marked in inches or centimeters and used for measuring lengths
- v. record on videotape
- v. register electronically
- n. the finishing line for a foot race
- n. memory device consisting of a long thin plastic strip coated with iron oxide; used to record audio or video signals or to store computer information
*elebenty-track tape player eets elebenty-track tape*
At which, you will find the site is on page 1 of google under the term tape hair extensions.
The criminal act thing (trying to suppress the tape showing the criminal act, while the tape is the centerpiece of their claim)
The time stamp on the tape is a month or two before the creature attacks.
Sorry to break it to you Luis, but the tape is a hoax.
Comments hey that spa thing sounded nice! good luck with the weaning too .... such a hard thing to do. the tape is a good idea. what kind of music will she listen to?
For Kerry, the tape is a well-timed taunt of Bush's failure to capture bin Laden ` ` dead or alive. ''
This tape is the “feel good” good hit of the year.
This is what we called a tape turnaround, a videotape released by the White House from a meeting that he just had a few minutes ago with congressional leaders.
Frankly I think the main thing that stops everyone writing things with a pen or recording them onto tape is the lack of a secretary to then type it up foryou.