from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A temporary grouping of military units or forces under one commander for the performance of a specific operation or assignment.
- noun A temporary grouping of individuals and resources for the accomplishment of a specific objective.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun idiomatic A group of people working towards a particular
task, project, or activity, especially assigned in a particular capacity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a temporary military unit formed to accomplish a particular objective
- noun a semipermanent unit created to carry out a continuing task
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.