from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A temporary grouping of military units or forces under one commander for the performance of a specific operation or assignment.
- n. A temporary grouping of individuals and resources for the accomplishment of a specific objective: a presidential task force to fight drug trafficking.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A group of people working towards a particular task, project, or activity, especially assigned in a particular capacity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a temporary military unit formed to accomplish a particular objective
- n. a semipermanent unit created to carry out a continuing task
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.