from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Possession or occupancy of lands, buildings, or other property by title, under a lease, or on payment of rent.
- noun The period of a tenant's occupancy or possession.
- noun A habitation held or occupied by a tenant.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun In low: A holding by private ownership; estate; tenure: as. tenancy in fee simple; tenancy in tail.
- noun A habitation or dwelling-place held of another.
- noun The period during which lands or tenements are held or occupied by a tenant.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A holding, or a mode of holding, an estate; tenure; the temporary possession of what belongs to another.
- noun (O. Eng. Law) A house for habitation, or place to live in, held of another.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The
occupancyof propertyetc, under a lease, or by paying rent.
- noun The
periodof occupancy by a tenant.
- noun The property occupied by a tenant.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun an act of being a tenant or occupant
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.