from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adverb So that the upper or right side is down.
- adverb In great disorder.
- adverb Being or holding an asset that is worth less than its purchase price or the debt owed on it.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adverb in such a manner that the part normally pointed upward is pointed downward; same as
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
Inverted, so that the topis now at the bottom
- adverb In great
- adjective Inverted;
turnedso that the topis at the bottom.
- adjective finance Owing more money for something than it is worth; having
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adverb in an inverted manner
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[Alteration of Middle English up so doun, up as if down : up, up; see up + so, as if; see so + doun, down; see down.]
Sorry, no example sentences found.