from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. So that the upper or right side is down: turned upside down.
- adv. In great disorder.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. Inverted, so that the top is now at the bottom
- adv. In great disorder
- adj. Inverted; turned so that the top is at the bottom.
- adj. Owing more money for something than it is worth; having negative equity.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. in such a manner that the part normally pointed upward is pointed downward; same as upsidown and upsodown.
- n. With the upper part undermost; hence, in confusion; in complete disorder; topsy-turvy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in an inverted manner
Alteration of Middle English up so doun, up as if down : up, up; see up + so, as if; see so1 + doun, down; see down1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.