from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The long, narrow duct that conveys urine from the kidney to the urinary bladder or cloaca.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The excretory duct of the kidney; a tube conveying the renal excretion (urine) to the bladder, when that structure exists, as in mammals, or into the cloaca, in case no bladder exists—in any case, into the lower part of the allantoic cavity of the fetus, however modified in adult life. See cut under
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Anat.) The duct which conveys the urine from the kidney to the bladder or cloaca. There are two ureters, one for each kidney.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun anatomy Either of the two long, narrow
ductsthat carry urinefrom the kidneysto the urinary bladder.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun either of a pair of thick-walled tubes that carry urine from the kidney to the urinary bladder
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
The opening of the rectum, like that of the ureter, is within the penumostome.
Urine is produced in the kidney and flows down a small tube called the ureter into the bladder.
A tube, called the ureter, passes out from the concave border of each kidney, turns downwards, and enters the bladder in the basin of the pelvis.
The intense discomfort comes from passing jagged crystalline stones down a straw-sized, exquisitely sensitive tube known as the ureter
Your ureter is the tube that connects the kidney to the urinary bladder.
In 2007, Christy was diagnosed with the enlarged ureter, which is one the tubes that carriers urine from the kidneys to the bladder.
Each has a separate ureter, meaning that she has four kidneys and four ureters. via Arbroath
When killed the capon was found to be very fat: there were masses of fat around the intestines and under the peritoneum, which made it impossible to make out details such as ureter and vas deferens properly.
“My older son was born with hydronephrosis, which is a kinked ureter,” so his kidney is only partially functioning.
We also care for children with adrenal, kidney, ureter, bladder and urethral problems and cancers that occur within the urogenital tract.