from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Shriveled, shrunken, or faded from or as if from loss of moisture or sustenance.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Shriveled; faded.
- Having withers (of this or that specified kind).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Faded; dried up; shriveled; wilted; wasted; wasted away.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
Shrivelled, shrunkenor faded, especially due to lack of water.
- verb Simple past tense and past participle of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective (used especially of vegetation) having lost all moisture
- adjective lean and wrinkled by shrinkage as from age or illness
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.