from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Andes mountains in South America.
- n. Someone from the Andes
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to the Andes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to the Andes, a great system of mountains extending along the Pacific coast of South America, and sometimes regarded as including the highlands of Central America and Mexico.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to the Andes and their inhabitants
Andes + -an, from Spanish, perhaps from Quechua andi ("high crest") (Wiktionary)