from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See Table at Bible.
- Baruch, Bernard Mannes 1870-1965. American stock broker, public official, and political adviser for every President from Woodrow Wilson to John F. Kennedy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. Any of a number of Old Testament men, including the scribe and companion of Jeremiah.
- proper n. An Apocryphal Book of the Old Testament.
- proper n. A male given name.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an Apocryphal book ascribed to Baruch
- n. a disciple of and secretary for the prophet Jeremiah
- n. economic advisor to United States Presidents (1870-1965)
From Hebrew בָּרוּךְ (Barukh, "blessed"). Cognate with Arabic بارك (bārak, "Barak"). (Wiktionary)