from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A nuclear device or weapon.
- n. A nuclear-powered electric generating plant.
- transitive v. To attack with nuclear weapons.
- transitive v. To heat in a microwave oven: "I obtained this soup by nuking one cup of water and mixing that with . . . bouillon” ( Judy Markey).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Nuclear weapon.
- n. Something that negates - especially on a catastrophic scale. Destruction.
- n. A microwave oven
- v. To use a nuclear weapon on a target.
- v. To cook food or beverages in a microwave oven.
- v. To completely destroy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The nape of the neck.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. cook or heat in a microwave oven
- n. the warhead of a missile designed to deliver an atom bomb
- v. strike at with firepower or bombs
- v. bomb with atomic weapons
Shortening and alteration of nuclear.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Short form of nuclear (weapon). (Wiktionary)