American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. To vomit.
- n. The act of vomiting.
- n. Vomit.
- n. One regarded as disgusting or contemptible.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To vomit; eject the contents of the stomach.
- To sicken; be overcome with loathing.
- To vomit; throw up; eject from the stomach: generally with up.
- To cause to puke or vomit.
- n. Vomit; a vomiting; that which is vomited.
- n. An emetic.
- n. A disgusting person.
- n. [capitalized] An inhabitant of the State of Missouri.
- Of a dark color, said to be reddish brown.
- n. A dark color between russet and black; puce.
- n. uncountable vomit.
- n. countable A drug that induces vomiting.
- n. countable A worthless, despicable person.
- v. transitive and intransitive To vomit; to throw up; to eject from the stomach.
- adj. A fine grade of woolen cloth
- adj. A very dark, dull, brownish-red color.
GNU Webster's 1913
- v. To eject the contests of the stomach; to vomit; to spew.
- v. To eject from the stomach; to vomit up.
- n. A medicine that causes vomiting; an emetic; a vomit.
- adj. Of a color supposed to be between black and russet.
- n. a person who is deemed to be despicable or contemptible
- n. the matter ejected in vomiting
- v. eject the contents of the stomach through the mouth
- This definition is lacking an etymology or has an incomplete etymology. You can help Wiktionary by giving it a proper etymology. (Wiktionary)
- Perhaps imitative. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Bozo The Neoclown says: all of a sudden mr puke is concerned with the constitution. hey skidmark, where were you when 43 was declaring “war” on iraq, a power clearly not granted to him in the constitution. guess they skipped that article in your correspondence law course”
“Because, you infantile maggot, just like you this lying puke is making extravagant claims about his qualifications and abilities that do not stand up to even the most casual examination.”
“Bozo The Neoclown says: because we all know mr. puke is soooooooo worldy and well travelled …”
“I think the deckhand spent more time hosing puke from the deck than baiting hooks and removing fish.”
“Speaking of the ursine ... above is a cammo jacket worn until last week by a Green Bay Wisconsin puke named Karczewski.”
“How I managed to NOT pass out and/or puke is beyond me.”
“Now Marge Hibbin, the only time that you will puke is when you look at your flippin face in the mirror.”
“I'll bet River Rats left one that Rhodes went to a local drinking establishment, had a pail of oats and a bottle of Smirnoff, or whatever horses drink, left the bar after striking out for the zillionth time, was so wasted that she fell down (ten or twenty times), smashed her horse face and woke up the next day covered in puke, a saddle, while three midgets performed a root canal on her.”
“What really makes me puke is our PM John Coward is emulating Shrubarian policy ….”
“If this Sheffield Star piece is correct, "feminised streets" will be covered in puke and fistfuls of hair ...”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘puke’.
List of terms for items and the process for creating illegal whiskey.
euphemisms for vomiting
hurl, barf, puke, shooting salad, technicolor yawn, praying to the po..., shouting groceries, tossing your cookies, blowing chunks, calling Ralph on ..., speaking in tongu..., howling at the po... and 31 more...
Words. Wisdom. WISE!
Words from the works of Peter Reading - at least one from each (except the Schwitters-esque erosions, cut-ups etc).
Interesting words and usages from Smollett's 1749 translation of Lesage's L'Histoire de Gil Blas de Santillane
These chromonyms are defined as colors in at least one dictionary (mostly MW3). (Actually there's one fake, for reasons I'll explain someday.) They are all one-word nouns such as "kelly", which can...
These are all names of real places. The focus is on towns, mountains, rivers etc. but I will consider streets. Streets are even wackier so if there's enough good'uns ... yep, another list :-)
For definitions see the source document.
"All the words and phrases included in this guide are those that have been used by patients during consultations and have been included to assi...
many frequently used by moms; words that sound dirtier than they are
William Shakespeare had a masterful command of the English language. But did you know he helped create it? Here's just a few of the words first used by the Bard in his plays.
I gotta remember these.
Words that are visually, sonically, or by definition unpleasant.
some of these word i just hate because they disgust me others are just disrespectful.
Looking for tweets for puke.