from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To rush or surge back.
- transitive v. To cause to pour back, especially to cast up (partially digested food).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To throw up or vomit; to eject what has previously been swallowed.
- v. To cough up from the gut to feed its young, as a bird or animal does.
- v. To repeat verbatim.
- v. To be thrown or poured back; to rush or surge back.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To be thrown or poured back; to rush or surge back.
- transitive v. To throw or pour back, as from a deep or hollow place; to pour or throw back in great quantity.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To pour or cause to rush or surge back; pour or throw back in great quantity.
- To be poured back; surge or rush back.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. pour or rush back
- v. eject the contents of the stomach through the mouth
- v. feed through the beak by regurgitating previously swallowed food
- v. repeat after memorization
When YOU actually have something to say, and not something that any moron could regurgitate from a google search (or night class at the local community college) you let me know.
Colmes begins and tries to present Barrett in a fairly positive light by bringing out the facts that the course is not required, that the 9/11 conspiracy theory will take up "only about one week" of the course, that the students will not be required to "regurgitate" his theory, and that he means to inspire "critical thinking."
#33 To brainwashed fools like Mr. Hendler the Liberal Media is anyone who does not word-for-word regurgitate Karl Rove’s daily talking points.
And they point out that Kentucky's DUI law and regulations on breath tests don't use explicit words like "regurgitate," "vomit" or "belch" to specify what the operator must watch for in the 20 minutes before the test.
I don't know if you're aware of this or not, but did you know that "regurgitate" means
For example, why is Stuff White People Like, which I believe just started this year, already getting a book deal (I got this news from Professor Black Woman - can't find the direct link) when the rest of us, who have offered the same critiques of whiteness (although I'll admit that blog is hilarious and could see the mainstream appeal) keep getting editors at publishing houses who say they don't want to "regurgitate" what we've already written on our blog, so any book deal we get had better be "original" and "not yet published"?
"regurgitate" information - they ask them to think critically, solve problems and apply knowledge.
I love how supporters of this seem to what to disregard what the President & other members of Congress said in the past about their true intent, and simply want to regurgitate the crap they are spewing now.
Lynne, you show your ignorance when you regurgitate all the left wing talking points and make false assertions.
Some of you so called Americans make me want to regurgitate!
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.