from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A variety of grape used to make white wine, including champagne and white Burgundy.
- n. A dry white table wine made from this grape.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A green-skinned grape variety used to make a white wine.
- n. A variety of wine made from this grape.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a white wine grape.
- n. dry white Chablis-type table wine made from Chardonnay grapes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. dry white table wine resembling Chablis but made from Chardonnay grapes
- n. white wine grape
French, believed to be named after the village of Chardonnay in the Mâconnais region of France, where Pouilly-Fuissé is currently produced; it is possible that the variety was first bred there (Wiktionary)