from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to Formosa or people of Formosa.
- n. An inhabitant, resident, or a person of descent from Formosa.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of, Formosa or the natives of Formosa.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Formosa, a large island lying southeast of China, to which country it belongs.
- n. A native or an inhabitant of Formosa.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of the island republic on Taiwan or its residents or their language
- n. the Austronesian languages spoken on Formosa
Sorry, no etymologies found.
There was also Sgt. Chiba who he said was a real animal - even the Formosan guards didn't like him.
I was a bit nervous at first, because of the stories I had heard from the POWs about some of the Formosan guards and how they treated the POWs in those days.
Indeed, in the past 10 years, the park has seen a resurgence in mountain wildlife including an increase in the number of a few endangered species such as the Mikado pheasant and the Formosan black bear.
With encouragement from Formosan Chinese … the trustees have for several months conducted a drive to collect petitions for transfer to Formosa.
As if Formosan termites weren't bad enough (they devour everything, not just wood), now New Orleans, and Florida, are coming to grips with their latest visitor from Over There: defective drywall.
The essay was titled: The China impasse, a Formosan view PDF-format.
The Formosan is genuinely eager that the Island come under U.N.
Bevin…, ungrateful scion of a humble servant of ROC on Taiwan, from his abode in the neither world, Tsink-kang must be wielding a broom and chasing you around for squandering a Formosan tax-payer sustained American education.
This proved the last straw and Taipeh cam completely under Formosan control for the time being.
But it could also be that back then there are actually more Formosan knowing about the issue, and only after 50 years of KMT brain washing and ambiguity do we lost a lot of TI concepts in the fog.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.