from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to Formosa or people of Formosa.
- n. An inhabitant, resident, or a person of descent from Formosa.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of, Formosa or the natives of Formosa.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Formosa, a large island lying southeast of China, to which country it belongs.
- n. A native or an inhabitant of Formosa.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of the island republic on Taiwan or its residents or their language
- n. the Austronesian languages spoken on Formosa
Sorry, no etymologies found.