from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The 11th month of the year in the Gregorian calendar. See Table at calendar.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The letter N in the ICAO spelling alphabet.
- proper n. The eleventh month of the Gregorian calendar, following October and preceding December. Abbreviation: Nov or Nov.
- proper n. The letter N in the ICAO spelling alphabet.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The eleventh month of the year, containing thirty days.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The eleventh month of the year, containing 30 days. Abbreviated Nov.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the month following October and preceding December
Middle English Novembre, from Old French, from Latin November, ninth month, from novem, nine; see newn̥ in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Middle English, from Old French novembre, from Latin november ("ninth month"), from Latin novem, from Proto-Indo-European *h₁néwn̥ (“nine”); + Latin -ber, from adjectival suffix -bris; November was the ninth month in the Roman calendar (Wiktionary)