from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who performs abortions.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who performs an illegal abortion in a non-medical setting (a back street, a hotel room, etc).
- n. An abortion provider; one who performs a legal abortion.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who performs or procures abortion; among medical personnel, also called an abortion provider.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who produces or aims to produce a criminal abortion; especially, one who makes a practice of so doing.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person (who should be a doctor) who terminates pregnancies
abortion + -ist. First attested in 1872. (Wiktionary)